Frequently Asked Questions




How much will it cost to have my pet seen?

Our exam fee is $83 before midnight and $98 between hours of midnight and 8am. This is all we are able to quote, until our doctor has physically seen your pet and can compose a personalized estimate for your pet's situation.


Do I need an appointment?

We do not book appointments, but we do appreciate a phone call in advance to let us know you're on your way so that we can prepare for your pet's needs.


How can I pay for my visit?

We accept all major credit cards, cash and personal checks. We do accept Care Credit, which can be applied for online and used immediately if you are approved. If you are approved, please write down the account number to be used at your visit. We do not offer any personal payment plans. Visit


Do you accept payment plans?

We do not accept payment plans , we offer an application for Care Credit and ScratchPay as payment options, all payments are due at the time services are rendered.


I got your number from my regular veterinarian's voicemail. Are you affiliated with them?

We are an independent emergency facility for Polk County and the surrounding areas. We are not directly affiliated with any specific clinic, therefore we do not have access to your clinic's doctors, records, or offices. Any payment made here will have no effect on charges accrued if you have to transfer to your regular veterinarian for continued care.


My pet passed away at home. What do I do now?

We work with a company called Pet Angel to provide cremation services. Prices vary based on weight and urn options. For your convenience, we will handle all of the paperwork if you are able to bring your pet to us.


What should I do if I find an orphaned or injured "wild animal"?

If you've stumbled upon a nest of rabbits, squirrels or baby birds please leave them in their current location for 24 hours to allow the mother to come back to them. If it has been 24 hours or they are in immediate danger, contact an appropriate rescue or Animal Control. For small animals, please contact Joan Waters at Woodland Wonders - (863) 967-3298. For large birds such as hawks, owls and eagles, please call Prey Bird Rescue at (863) 797-7374. If you come across an injured wildlife, Animal Control can be reached at (863) 577-1762.


What should I do if I find a stray pet?

If you find a stray, please notify Animal Control at (863) 577-1762. The owner will be more likely to find their lost pet if it has been placed with the proper authorities. You can bring the pet to us to be scanned for a microchip, but we are unable to house stray animals due to the risk of spreading infections or diseases to our hospitalized patients.


Can I give my pet any human medications?

Please understand that we cannot give any medical advice over the phone. We are not familiar with your pet's medical history or current medical conditions, and do not wish to endanger them in any way. Our general policy is to recommend NOT giving your pet any human medication without precise dosing instructions. Many OTC medications can be toxic and/ or fatal to your dog or cat.